If you have a Pixel 3 or 3 XL and want to release it to install any custom ROM or get superuser permissions, you have come to the right place, here we will tell you the easiest way to unlock the bootloader.
Pixel 3 XL is leaked in Geekbench with 4GB of RAM and Snapdragon 845. Before starting the unlocking process it is important that you first meet some requirements that we set you in the first section, only then the process will be carried out without any problem.
Requirements to unlock the bootloader in the Pixel 3 or 3 XL
- Your Pixel 3 or 3 XL must have at least 60% battery to prevent it from turning off in the middle of the process, which could damage the gravity system.
- In your Pixel 3 or 3 XL you must activate the developer options, for that you can go to the settings, the phone information and repeatedly press the compilation number until you see the phrase “Now you are a developer”
- Within the active developer options USB debugging and OEM unlocking
- Download and install the ADB and Fastboot drivers for your Pixel 3 or 3 XL using this guide.
- If everything went well you can start the unlocking process, if you had any problems, we’ll wait for you in the comments before starting.
Unlock the bootloader on the Pixel 3 or 3 XL
- Now it’s time to put your Pixel 3 or 3 XL in bootloader mode, for that press the button for several seconds and when you see the menu select Restart
- As soon as the Pixel 3 or 3 XL turns off, press the volume down button until you see a black screen with a red warning symbol (like the start image), connect the device to the PC
- Now go to your computer, open the folder of the ADB / Fastboot controllers and while pressing shift right click on any empty part and select the Open command window option here
- Now type fastboot devices and press ENTER, if all goes well you will see a connected device, which is your Pixel 3 or 3 XL
- Execute the fastboot flashing unlock code, a new menu will appear on your mobile, with the volume buttons select Unlock the bootloader and press the power off button to confirm
- The screen will turn off and seconds later it will appear again, press the power off button to restart the computer normally
If all goes well you have already unlocked the bootloader in Pixel 3 or 3 XL, do you have any doubt? You can contact us in the comments or on our social networks.